Saturday, May 2, 2009

What a great day!

Sometimes I think everyone needs a day to get lost in. That was today for me. The cooler weather certainly helps! It's spring for sure with the lilacs blooming outside my window. I have two bouquets positioned in the house with the lovely fragrant blooms. And the scent of spring cleared my mind.

Of course, responsibilities came first, as did a visit with my sister. Then I wrote. It felt good to clear some of the cobwebs away and put a short story down. Tomorrow it will be edited with fresh eyes, but tonight, I feel like I've accomplished something.

And it feels soooo good! What did you do today?

3 comments:

Jenn Nixon said...

I love lilacs! They are my favorite. I've yet to raid someone's lawn, but will soon. They don't last long!

Glad you had a wonderful day. Mine was pretty good too!

Hywela Lyn said...

Just popping in to say thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blogpost on TRS and for saying such nice things! I'd like to wish you, too, a 'ton of sales' for 'Retribution'. What a wonderful first review, congratulations!

By the way I have a lovely lilac tree in my garden. It's loaded with flowers every year - but wouldn't you know we're having so much wind and rain today it will probably all be blow away. Such a shame. I should have taken a photo before the weather changd. (Spring lasts for about a week int the UK before it goes back to Winter, LOL)

M.Flagg said...

Thanks for stopping by Jenn and Hywela. I need some serious blog guidance, but it's a start. Happy Mother's Day to both of you.
Mickey