Thursday, September 9, 2010

Butterflies - Part Two

I really appreciate all your great comments on butterflies. Since the post, I've learned so much from so many sources about the gorgeous creatures, legends attached to different cultures, and interesting facts about the tiny beauties. Friends of mine who don't blog even left messages through my website and in emails. One suggested maybe the little guy was too drunk on nectar to fly away. Uh-oh... I mean, would he come off his nectar high thinking, "Oh %#&*! What did I do? Jeez! Gotta lay off those bright pink flowers!" (Flutters away slowly from a distant and unfamiliar garden, full of remorse yet remembering the close, perhaps dangerous encounter...)

For one poster, it inspired her to leave her first comment on a blog. Wonderful! And my dear cousin hold fast to the idea that this was the soul of a loved one. I'm gonna agree and continue to treasure the experience because I did sense something special happening. I also have to share the thoughtfulness of a dear friend. She continues to be one of the finest teachers I've ever met. Her skill with words was fully appreciated when she took the time to correct all those grammatical slip-ups in my thesis, long before I wrote my first novel. I modeled a character after her patience and kindness in book three.

Okay, so what does this friend have to do with butterflies? Well, when I came home from school yesterday a long cylindrical mailer was waiting. To say the start of a new school year has been busy would be an understatement, but I know I didn't order anything lately, or did I? When I opened it, my eyes feasted upon an indescribable vision - the alphabet letters on butterfly wings! A simple note was attached: "Happy Birthday! I felt you needed this!" Needless to say, this awesome poster will be on my office wall as a constant reminder that like my butterfly moment, friendships are just as precious and unique.

Thanks, my dear friend!! And thanks again to all of you who left a post.
~ Mickey

No comments: