Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Release Date

A few weeks ago, I received an email from my editor, the fabulous Callie Lynn Wolfe. She congratulated me on completing my third and final novel in The Champion Chronicles Trilogy. I felt full of bittersweet excitement, having worked so closely with Callie since I signed with The Wild Rose Press in 2007.

I can't believe it. Almost five years! I'll forever be grateful for her guidance, patience, and support. As a new writer (definitely not a young one) the opportunity to work with the best of the best has been thrilling!

So back to the reason for this post. Like many authors gearing up for another book signing, I labored all afternoon once I had Callie's email, and created post cards to hand out. I had to get HIS SOUL TO KEEP and its stunning cover out there, right? Along with reviews for Retribution! and Consequences... I simply typed "coming soon" for Book Three, and the promo cards arrived four days ago.

There's a reason people procrastinate. I should have, I guess.

Last night, that altogether thrilling email arrived from my editor. And with a cyber drum-roll...

HIS SOUL TO KEEP releases in ebook and print on JULY 22, 2011

Remember my post about changing the blurb? Well, here's the final one:

Destiny is rewritten for Michael Malone, a mystically enhanced vampire, with an outcome so unexpected that everyone in his world is stunned - Michael most of all. Suddenly mortal, he faces challenges unlike any he has ever experienced.


Alana, his Guardian and soul mate, questions how the evil that lived within Michael was vanquished. Lukas, his human son, doesn't trust his father's heartbeat, and Michael himself has no answers.


The bonds of their love will face the greatest test of all when the ancient demon anchored within Michael for 317 years is discovered alive within an innocent human. Can Michael, Alana, and Lukas destroy the evil unleashed in order to give Michael his soul to keep?

I'll be signing Books One and Two on March 19th at the 2011 Create Something Magical Conference
hosted by Liberty States Fiction Writers. 
Time: 5:30 - 7:00 PM
Where: Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel, Rte.1 & Gill Lane, Iselin, NJ 08830

Come and meet some of New Jersey's finest authors :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Mickey

1 comment:

M.Flagg said...

Thanks for stopping by and for sharing in the good news :)
Let's all say a collective prayer for Japan ~ Mickey