Tuesday, August 3, 2010

RT reviews Consequences... The Champion Chronicles: Book Two

This release has been a long time coming, but it's finally HERE!!!

I learned so much as a writer while preparing this manuscript for my wonderful editor, Callie Lynn Wolfe at The Wild Rose Press. This was the first book I contracted, second in the series (of course, I do things backwards). Callie gave The Champion Chronicles it's name. Retribution! Book One debuted in March 2009. When I wrote Consequences...Book Two, the story was solid, the characters like old friends. I am pleased to announce that the last book in the Trilogy - Inheritance, Book Three is already in edits with Callie! Three books out in three years. Not bad for someone who never aspired to write a novel.

Consequences...Book Two has just been reviewed by Romantic Times Book Reviews, and here's what Donna M. Brown had to say.

CONSEQUENCES - M. Flagg - 4 Stars (Compelling - A page turner)  Heat level: MILD
"Book two of the Champion Chronicles is a really wild ride. This is a story about a different sort of vampire. There are battles, tender moments, and a large dose of teen angst. Very enjoyable!"

"SUMMARY:  The beast remains within. Mystically enhanced vampire Michael Malone survived a vicious assault by three evil sorcerers, only to face this one last obstacle. But he is not alone. The faithful have gathered for an exorcism. 
     Soon the beast is gone, but this Michael is different. It will take much more to bring him to the present. Many, including his love, the Guardian Alana and his human son Lukas, are there to pull him through. When he's back to his "normal" undead self, the Champion must atone for 300 years of transgressions. But an unlikely circumstance disturbs the malevolent Volstad, who vows to destroy Michael and turn Lukas."

Thank you Ms. Brown! I'm totally thrilled to share her words with you! ~ Mickey Flagg

Share your latest release or just leave a comment to win a copy of CONSEQUENCES.
Contest ends August 9th!! Thanks for visiting my blog!!

5 comments:

M.Flagg said...

I'm hearing that some people can't leave a comment. Oh my! I certainly hope it isn't so!! Gonna have to check this out (if I can figure out how)

Thanks for stopping by - Mickey

LORETTA CANTON said...

This sounds like a good book but I never heard of the series before. I'm putting them on my TBB list.

lorettaC
lbcanton@verizon.net

M.Flagg said...

Thanks for stopping by, Loretta! I'm thrilled to be on your TBB list. I hope you enjoy Michael's journey.

Jenn Nixon said...

CONGRATS ON THE REVIEWS!!! XOXOXO

M.Flagg said...

Thanks, Jenn! Miss you tons!